Here are some thoughts, not as a participating artist but as the audience...
- The location was a good choice (Hester near Spring). There are lots of tourists in that area and street artists... but yeah, the art scene there ended a long time ago
- The exhibition space was perfect, albeit a bit too large and under utilized. But it was beautiful... wooden floors, old brick walls, and black painted ceilings with ducts and pipes
- The season was wrong... but Parallax plans on having another art fair in November (a better month than August for art)
- Again, about half of the art was decorative and the other half I suppose is what you call Fine Art
- There was a greater number of interesting art works at this exhibition than the one in London
- As far as I know there were no speakers at the fair like there was in London... it would serve the visiting or traveling artists well to have a number of local artists, critics, gallery dealers, or educators speak at the event
- The fair seems to have developed a few groupies... I noticed a few artists that also showed in London
Here are the big winners at and around Parallax AF...
Parked on Spring St outside of the Parallax Art Fair